-2.5 Days, 18 Contact Hours
-This course is not eligible for OSHA’s Public Sector Certificate.
About This Course:
This course is designed for Outreach Training Program trainers who have completed the OSHA #500 Trainer Course in Occupational Safety and Health Standards for the Construction Industry and are authorized trainers in the OSHA Outreach Training Program. The course provides an update on OSHA Construction Standards, policies, and regulations and is required every (4) years to remain an authorized trainer. During the course, students will prepare a presentation on an assigned OSHA Construction Outreach Training Program topic individually and make a presentation to the class in fulfillment of the course requirements.
- Copy of authorized trainer card submitted electronically through the Great Lakes registration portal.
- Please note, the 90 day re-authorization grace period for trainers has been eliminated. If your trainer card is now expired you will need to apply for the OSHA #500 Trainer Course in Occupational Safety and Health Standards for the Construction Industry and meet the prerequisites for that course (510 certificate and submission of a prerequisite verification form).
There is no required examination for this course.
Safety managers, directors, and other professionals who are nearing the expiration date on their authorized trainer card.
- Updates to OSHA’s Outreach Training Program Requirements and Procedures
- Adult Education Principles
- Writing Learning Objectives
- Developing Training Content
- Use of Multimedia in Presentations
- Training Methods and Techniques
- Resources for Safety Training