Live Virtual Online Course
This course is being delivered in a live virtual format online. The course will meet at the scheduled time & dates using WebEx. Course materials and information will be sent electronically prior to the course date.
Virtual Course Requirements:
• The course should be attended on your Laptop or Desktop, iPads or Mobile Phones should not be used.
• A webcam and microphone are required to participate in this virtual course.
• Access to a printer to print course materials.
• Please be sure you can connect from a reliable internet connection. Hotspots and cellular connections aren't recommended.
Please check our Best Practices Guide for steps to test your computer equipment prior to registering for the course.
This course covers the OSHA Fall Protection Standard for construction and an overview of fall protection methods.
- Principles of fall protection
- Components and limitations of fall arrest systems
- OSHA Standards and policies regarding fall protection
Students will participate in workshops demonstrating the inspection and use of fall protection equipment, residential construction fall protection, training requirements, and developing a fall protection program.
Upon course completion students will have the ability to assess compliance with the OSHA Fall Protection Standard, evaluate installed passive systems and fall arrest systems, and develop and implement fall protection plans.
Minimum student contact hours: 18
University of Cincinnati
160 Panzeca Way
Kettering Lab, Room G18
Cincinnati, OH 45267