Live Virtual Online Course
This course is being delivered in a live virtual format online. The course will meet at the scheduled time & dates using WebEx. Course materials and information will be sent electronically prior to the course date.
Virtual Course Requirements:
• The course should be attended on your Laptop or Desktop, iPads or Mobile Phones should not be used.
• A webcam and microphone are required to participate in this virtual course.
• Access to a printer to print course materials.
• Please be sure you can connect from a reliable internet connection. Hotspots and cellular connections aren't recommended.
Please check our Best Practices Guide for steps to test your computer equipment prior to registering for the course.
WebEx Online Course - Preregistration required - Registration deadline 5/08/20
This course covers a proactive approach to reducing the use of hazardous chemicals in the workplace by transitioning to safer alternatives.
- Identification of safer chemical alternatives
- Evaluation of safer chemical alternatives
- Assessment of safer chemical alternatives
- Implementation of safer chemical alternatives
In particular, participants will use OSHA’s seven-step substitution planning process. The course features workshops and hands-on activities with the use of various online chemical databases and tools. The target audience is purchasing staff, maintenance supervisors, facility managers, and workers who utilize hazardous chemicals at their worksites, along with occupational safety and health professionals who provide technical assistance on the control of chemical hazards.
Upon course completion participants will have the ability to recognize and evaluate hazardous chemicals in their workplace, assess safer alternatives, and implement those alternatives.
Minimum student contact hours: 7.5