Live Virtual Online Course
This course is being delivered in a live virtual format online. The course will meet at the scheduled time & dates using WebEx. Course materials and information will be sent electronically prior to the course date.
Virtual Course Requirements:
• The course should be attended on your Laptop or Desktop, iPads or Mobile Phones should not be used.
• A webcam and microphone are required to participate in this virtual course.
• Access to a printer to print course materials.
• Please be sure you can connect from a reliable internet connection. Hotspots and cellular connections aren't recommended.
Please check our Best Practices Guide for steps to test your computer equipment prior to registering for the course.
WebEx Online Course - Preregistration required - Registration deadline 5/8/2020
The focus of this two-day course (minimum contact hours: 13) is to provide private businesses within general industry with an opportunity to enhance their awareness of the hazards posed by combustible dust. It focuses on recognizing the hazards and risks associated with combustible dust, as well as developing the controls and strategies that can help prevent or mitigate combustible dust fires and explosions.
members of private industry, including owners and managers, supervisors, maintenance and engineering staff, and other employees. Union officials and representatives may also benefit from attendance.
• combustible dust explosions as a national problem
• recognized control and mitigation methods, and
• control of electrical installation hazards for combustible dust areas.
In addition, the course offers information on the National Emphasis Program (NEP) for combustible dust inspections and OSHA and consensus standards impacting industries that generate combustible dust.
There is a test at the conclusion of the course.
This course will not focus on grain handling. Some examples from the grain industry may be used as illustrations of hazards and/or controls.
University of Cincinnati
260 Stetson Street
Stetson Building, Room 2110
Cincinnati, OH 45267