This NIOSH-approved spirometry training course (approval #010) deals with all aspects of spirometry testing, and uses a combination of lectures and hands-on practice. At the end of this 3-day course the participant will be able to use the proper technique to obtain test results meeting American Thoracic Society (ATS) requirements. The students will be able to calculate specific test results and to understand their meaning.
Partial List of Course Topics
• Rationale for Spirometry Testing in the Workplace
• Measurement and Calculation of FVC, FEV1, FEV1/FEC ratio
• Technique for Performing Spirometry
• Hands-on Spirometry Testing
• Interpretation of Test Results
• Instruments Standards and Requirements