-3.5 Days, 26 Contact Hours
-This course is not eligible for OSHA’s Public Sector Certificate.
About This Course:
This course is designed for individuals interested in becoming authorized to teach the OSHA 10 and 30-Hour Outreach Training for their employees or other interested groups. The course will cover basic adult learning techniques and discuss effective presentation skills. During the course, students will prepare a presentation on an assigned OSHA Construction Outreach Training Program topic individually and make a presentation to the class in partial fulfillment of the course requirements.
Important notice: a laptop is required for this course.
- OSHA #510 course completion certificate with a course end date that does not exceed 7 years from the requested enrollment date. (Please note, the 30-hour Construction OSHA outreach card is not equivalent to the OSHA #510 certificate). Five (5) years of construction industry safety and health experience.
- Approval of the prerequisite verification form. The prerequisite form is your application to enter this class and will be submitted electronically as you are registering for your selected course date. On the form you will attach your 510 certificate and you will tell us in great detail of your years of experience, responsibilities, and duties relating to construction safety and health. The prerequisite form is required by the OSHA Directorate of Training and Education and forms that fail to provide adequate detail regarding one’s safety experience will be denied. One sentence responses are not acceptable.
- Please note, if you are already an authorized trainer and are nearing your expiration date you must complete the OSHA #502 Update for Construction Industry Outreach Trainers class before your expiration date as the 90 day re-authorization grace period for trainers has now been eliminated.
In addition to attending the full course and presenting an assigned topic, students must pass a written multiple-choice examination to fulfill the requirements of this course.
Safety managers, directors, and other professionals interested in teaching the OSHA 10 and 30-hour construction industry outreach program classes.
- OSHA Outreach Training Program Requirements and Procedures
- Adult Education Principles
- Writing Learning Objectives
- Developing Training Content
- Use of Multimedia in Presentations
- Training Methods and Techniques
- Resources for Safety Training
- How to submit a request for 10 and 30 hr wallet cards