This course is designed for individuals interested in teaching the 10- and 30-hour construction safety and health Outreach Training Program to their employees and other interested groups. Using OSHA Construction Standards as a guide, special emphasis is placed on those topics required in the 10- and 30-hour programs as well as those which are most hazardous. Students are briefed on effective instructional approaches and use of visual aids and handouts.
Important notice: a laptop is required for this course.
- OSHA inspection procedures
- Safety training programs
- Hazard communication and health hazards
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Fire prevention and protection
- Materials handling
- Fall protection
- Confined space entry
- Training techniques
This course allows the student to become a trainer in the OSHA Outreach Training Program, to conduct both 10- and 30-hour Construction Outreach classes, and to issue cards to participants after verifying course completion. Students who wish to participate as authorized Outreach trainers in the OSHA Outreach Training Program must prepare a presentation on an assigned OSHA Construction Outreach Training Program topic individually or as part of a group and successfully pass a written exam at the end of the course.
Minimum student contact hours: 26
Prerequisites: Students must:
- Successfully complete the OSHA #510 Occupational Safety and Health Standards for Construction
- Have five (5) years of safety and health work experience in the construction industry
8100 South US Highway 41
Fort Branch, IN 47648